Sunday, October 14, 2012

Riverview Medical Center

OK, It's about time I introduced you to my work life.  After the hike on Shayne's birthday we ran down to my work and Amy Benedict, our Nurse Practitioner,  gave Shayne her missionary physical.  She and I are the same age, religion and we know some of the same people from Hurricane since that's where she's from. Amy and I have kids the same ages and think a lot alike and because of all this we instantly bonded.  Here she is with Shayne:
 
Here is a picture of Sue and Kalo.  Sue works in the afternoon and Kalo works all day with me.  They are like older and younger sisters to me.  We all work so well together.  We all fill in where the other person lacks.  We run like a well oiled machine!  And we have a lot of fun together.

 Here is Mindi.  She is our incredibly hard working receptionist that has to deal with angry people all day but always does it with a smile.  We try to help her out when we can but I don't know how she does it.  I definitely don't have that kind of personality to sit there and be calm and rational while someone yells at me.  It's a great gift she has.  Patience.  And here is the smart alleck of the office Megin.  She is a handful and when she first started told Dr. LaRowe, her Dad, that she thought I was going to be the one that she was going to have a hard time with.  Me?  Who would have a hard time with me? Hahaha!  We are 2 peas in a pod.  She didn't want her picture taken so I basically had to tackle her to get this one.  If you hate it Megin then TOO BAD!  That's what you get for being a brat!  But honestly I've never seen anyone so genuinely nice and concerned with senior citizens.  She has an old soul.  She loves them and they truly love her.
Last but not least...the man who makes our paychecks possible...Dr. LaRowe.  He is awesome.  Maybe a little to nice.  HAHAHA!  Just ask the person in the express checkout isle with 21 items instead of 20.  (Inside Joke)  He's meaner than mean but has a great quick wit and a HUGE laugh that you can hear from anywhere in the office.  It can instantly change the mood in the office.  Don't judge him by how messy his office is.  I heard somewhere that geniuses have messy offices.  I don't know who said it but I can guarantee it was someone with a messy office.  He love politics, fishing, cigars and long walks on the beach while listening to Sean Hannity and Mark Levine. 

I love going to work.  I am really good at what I do and love to help others.  I know I can do better and every morning pray that I don't screw up and that I can make a difference in someone's life.  My work family has already helped Shayne and Sophie out so much especially when Shayne had her car accident.  They all covered for me when I dropped everything and ran out to be with her and Dr. LaRowe checked her out after and made sure she was OK. Now Amy signed her mission papers and Friday night we sent them all in.

I am truly blessed.  My dad always taught us that other come first, that serving others is very important and the we are here on the earth to help each other out because the Lord can't be here to do it himself.  So I have always tried to help when and wherever I can.  But when someone helps me out I am humbled and in awe of how wonderful the world really is.  I love my job and the people who work there.  They are an extension of my family.  Another great blessing in my life.








1 comment:

Ashley said...

Awesome! I'm glad this job has turned out to be so amazing!