Monday, December 15, 2008

Pick a tree any tree!

I have to get rid of a tree! At least one. I am so sick of LEAVES! The first, and more than likely ONLY, snow we'll have this year and I had to run outside to rake up the last of the leaves before they got all wet and soggy. 5 Bags full! And it's not like I left them and let them pile up. They were bags number 16-21 of the fall! They are really fun when they first start to fall but then they have to drag it out for 3 months! Just let go already and dump them all at once! What are you hanging on for?!?!@*!
It ruined my whole snow day. Almost...then I started thinking about my childhood snowdays. I remember when we'd run outside when the first snow fell of the year (Oct)and play in it until dark. Oh the snowmen, snowball fights, catching snowflakes on your tongue, snowmobiling out at the Holbrooks farm, ice skating, tubing and eating the white snow. In fact I remember getting cups from inside the house and filling them up with snow then going inside to pour punch on them so we could have a slushie. Running in the house to sit by the fire until our fingers unfroze then hurrying back outside. I remember one time we went ice skating and Bob Allen was so excited to get out on the ice and on the first turn he fell and broke his arm. When I was 14 I used to put on my Penny loafers (because they had no traction and because they were totally cool!) and go over to Lori Hinckley's and she'd pull me and Ryan around behind her car down the middle of the frozen streets. I remember Me, Lori and Ryan doing the 12 days of Christmas to the Jones'. Ringing there door bell and running like crazy. I'm sure they knew it was us but they never led on.
Then I started getting sad to think that my kid will never experience any of that. This is a picture of Ben licking snow off of a leaf! What the HECK!!! So So Sad. It made me want to cry. If you look down at his feet you will see that he had sandals on. I think I owned maybe 1 pair of sandals each year and you only wore them for June July and Aug. It's December! Poor deprived kids. I guess they will be o.k. if they never know what they are missing. Right? As for me, I know what I'm missing and every year I love it when I hear S the local complain about the "crappy" weather. Little do they know that I'm the one praying for it. Thank you Lord for giving me one day a year to reminisce on the good old days. But, my ice skates still are collecting dust in my closet.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jillyn said...

I have to admit that I've really enjoyed this weather. I just don't want it to last very long. I didn't mind it that much when I lived in Salt Lake. I'm glad Ben got to see a little bit of snow today. We had a great time tonight. My pictures didn't turn out very good so I hope you got some good ones. I'll watch your blog for some.