Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Not the prettiest sight you'll see

This is a picture of Joel's toe after I hit it (accidentally!) with a softball when we were playing ball at Christmas. Instead of falling off after a month it stayed on and continued to bleed under the nail. Last week I noticed that his nail was curling up instead of laying flat. So, I called Dr. Leon Reber and when we went to see him this morning he pulled the nail off.

It was really cool. David and I got to watch. (You know how I love that gross stuff) Now it should be able to grow out with out any problems. We'll see.

Sophie went to the Orthodontist today for what she thought was a routine appointment and we fitted for this!



She wanted to cry. She has to wear it whenever she isn't in public. It's too give her a bigger overbite to compensate for when she grows so she doesn't have to go through what Shayne is now. Sophie's not sure that it's worth it. All this ugly stuff has got to make Joel and Sophie prettier right? Well, not them personally, but his toe and her teeth.

1 comment:

kristalbeckstrand said...

oh my good heavens I've never seen anything like that (appropriate for the toe and the gear)!!!