Saturday, September 16, 2017

Giving Blood - Saving Lives!

9-15-17
Today Josh and I gave blood at  Pine View High School!  It's been over 10 years since I've been able to donate because I've been the medical field in some sort or another drawing blood or doing IV's so they won't me.  But now it's been long enough so I was able to save a life today!  As I pulled up I noticed the new PVHS sign and awesome banners that were hanging up in the parking lot.  They looked great!


 As soon as we got in the gym we saw our friend, Jess Mathis, laying on the mat.  She had just thrown up, passed out and then thrown up again.  Poor thing.  But of course we laughed at her and took a picture, like all good friends do.  Then I texted it to Smash up at BYU who laughed and texted Jess to see if she was alright.  Then we went in the little booths to be asked all the fun questions, you can see Josh's white shoe, then if was up on the table!
 It was easy, peasy.  If you are a high school student and donated 3 times, the Red Cross will send you a red cord to wear at your graduation.  This was Josh's 3rd time so now we need to go online and fill out some paperwork.  Thanks for inviting me Josh!  He didn't even get extra credit for it.

No comments: