Monday, September 17, 2018

FOOTBALL STINKS!

Clearly the Lord is a Rugby fan.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

First let me start by saying that I helped the other mom's do lunch for the team Friday afternoon and it was a lot of fun.  I was wrong about the rich mom's on the team.  They are super nice and care about all of the boys, even Ben.  It has been really hard to come onto this team and not feel like the outsider.  If Ben hadn't played with one of these kids on a baseball or basketball team then I didn't know their parents and they didn't know me or Ben.  So, it was hard for them to give Ben a chance because they hadn't seen how great of an athlete he was.  But thankfully there were those mom's who had seen Ben play the other sports and knew what he could do.  A couple mom's were talking about how they loved it when their son's came up and gave them hugs and said how much they loved them.  I about died.  My jaw must have dropped because one mom asked what was wrong.  I told her that Ben needed lessons from her son.  then when the boys got out to lunch they gave Ben a hard time so he came and gave me a hug.  I think I'm going to like one part of this after all. It was a great afternoon. But...then the evening came and the game started.

 Back for 2nd's!
Here are their cute locker decorations.  Apparently they leave them on all season long.  Ben loves having the Becker's locker's right next to him plus Brady Barney and Noble Bellflower!  Lots of B last names!  This is definitely the cool part of the hall.
By the time we sat down all I saw was him just sitting on the bench with his helmet off holding his wrist.  So, I went to find some ice to put on it and the guy running the snack shack told me to find Michelle, the trainer, who was supposed to be down on the field, and pointed her out in the crowd.  I went and asked her to go look at Ben for me.  5 minutes later she was looking for me in the crowd.
 So, off we went to Instacare.

 We pulled up 5 minutes before game time and the line to get in was sooo slow and we missed the first play which resulted in a Becker touchdown for us!   Little did we know that on that play Ben got his RIGHT arm, this time, smashed between 2 helmets and this time both bones broke.  We left the game immediately and went to Instacare.  They took FIVE x-rays, unlike the stupid ER who took 2 last time, and then put him in a splint and sling and gave me a list of Orthopedic Surgeons to follow up with on Monday.  I immediately texted Joel and told him to text Nick Larsen and ask him if he could see Ben sooner than later. Nick did David's elbow surgery and is a good friend of ours.  He went to High school with Brian. Nick said to come in first thing on Monday.  So we did and Ben got a nice black cast.  We love Nick and are grateful for his help.  We got back in 6 weeks for check up.

No comments: