Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year Resolutions

I resolve to not make any resolutions!!!!! That way I won't mess up on them. Why say you're going to loose weight when it's a given that in the next 365 day I will not only loose but gain weight. How about try to weight the same come next New Years? I can probably do that. Every first FHE of the year my sister JoEllen writes down her families New Years Resolutions and they go over the old ones. She said that hers was to not scream as much and she asked her kids if she did that and the room got really quiet. I wish I was there! I would have laughed my butt off. That is exactly the reason I don't make them. If you feel you absolutley have to make them then make them monthly goals or short term goals not yearly ones that you want to shoot yourself for later. That's not a good way to start off the New Year!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Absolutely! Mine would be about the same as your sisters. I have so much to work on it would be more like daily resolutions anyway!!

Gough Clan said...

I totally agree with you. Why disappoint yourself. It was so fun seeing you and Joel the other night. I hope you enjoyed your date night.