Monday, February 23, 2009

RAGS

This week has been a busy one. Sophie and Josh along with there cousins George and Emily Wells are in the Tuacahn High School productions of "RAGS" that opened last Wed. It has been super fun and JoEllen and I have been taking turns hauling kids out there, supervising during and hauling them back. So, it hasn't been that bad except that Shayne had a huge end of season meet this weekend at the exact same time as the play. So on Friday I took Sophie to a birthday party at 4:30 and went from there to Santa Clara to drop Shayne off at her meet. Then ran to Little Ceasars to get some fast dinner for me and the boys. Well, I was trying to hurry and get them ready and eat at the same time and thought that the pizza tasted different. Not bad enough to spit it out though and since I was in a hurry I just swallowed it and moved on. I drove Josh over to JoEllens because it was her Tuachan turn and went to see Shayne's meet. I was there for her first event and then told her we'd be back for her next event and drove out to Tuacahn. I felt awful. I sat in Jan's office for a half an hour and then left to go back to the meet. Got there and found Shayne. She was just getting ready to swim and I told her that I didn't feel good and asked her to get a ride home. Well, as we were walking out I heard them call her up to swim next so I hesitated to watch her and then ran into the women's locker room and threw up for othe next 10 minutes. I will never eat Pizza again. Especially the ones that have been sitting there for who knows how long waiting for someone to buy them. I spent the rest of the night curled up on the floor of my bathroom. If you look back at my flu episode at Thanksgiving you can read exactly what happened. Except my leg cramps wheren't as bad this time. Joel came home and I asked him to give me a blessing and he and his father gave me a wonderful blessing knowing that I had a lot of things to do the next day. I woke up the next day and my stomach had finally settled. I was weak but better. It was my turn to take the kids to Tuacahn and Shayne still had her swim meet going on. I did the Tuacahn thing and didn't get a break to go see Shayne. I felt bad but cannot do it all, even though I wish I could. I love all of my kids so much and are so thankful for the priesthood and the wonderful men in my life who hold it in the highest regards. I couldn't imagine my life without them.

2 comments:

Gough Clan said...

I am happy I read your blog. I was thinking about getting Little Caesar's tonight. I think I might want to re-think that. Maybe I will do 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 cheese so they have to make it fresh. Glad you are feeling better.

Shana said...

Penny, I am so sorry. That sounds miserable. It is hard to get sick and be a mother. Did your boys get sick as well?