Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sophie's Audition

On Thurdsay Feb 5th, Sophie auditioned for Taucahn's "Annie". She was excited and her Aunt Jan helped her with a song to sing. She sang "Give my Regards to Broadway". And the next day they called to say that she had a call back. We were sooo excited. Well, she was excited. I was a nervous wreck. Call backs where right after my brother Brad's wedding, during his luncheon. So, we missed the luncheon. Thank goodness he knows all about auditions and was happy for Sophie. Well, I thought that since I worked for Tuacahn that they'd let Sophie be in the ensemble but I got an email yesterday saying thanks, but no thanks. When Sophie got home from school I was reluctant to tell her but when I did she said, "I thought so, but at least it was fun." So, I was relieved. It was a good experience for both of us. Now she knows what it was like and now I know that she can handle it. Even if I can't.

1 comment:

Broadway Stars said...

Hi thank you for posting this blog. I was wondering if you know if anyone else got an email from tuacahn regarding the status of the casting? My daughter was one of the girls who was asked to stay to read after the dance call but we haven't heard from tuacahn yet. I would appreciate it..

Thank you again.