Sunday, February 8, 2009

SHAYNE, SOPHIE & BRASHLEY

WARNING!!! This will be a long blog!!!! WARNING!!!

This was an incredible weekend!

1st: Shayne went up to 4A State Swimming Championships on Friday. State was held up at BYU which usually is great for us because we just stay in Lehi but, my Brother Brad was getting married in St. George the next day and there was no one to cheer for Shayne because they were all down here. Thankfully her Grandpa Beckstrand drove up from St. George Friday just to watch her. We were all so grateful for his love and support for her. He even recorded her races for us. She swam the breaststroke part of their 200 Medley Relay. They were ranked 7th in the state and took 6th place. Then she swam her 200 Freestyle and was ranked 15th and took 8th. She was also named fastest female freshman in 4A. (say that 3 times fast!) We were excited for her. The next day she was swimming her 500 freestyle and her 400 Free Relay which she was hoping would take 1st. Unfortunately, the swim meet wasn't scheduled to start Saturday until 6pm and Grandpa wouldn't be able to stay to cheer her on. So, I was excited and sad for her all at once.

2nd: The next day, Saturday Feb 7th, my littlest brother Brad got married to an incredible girl from Ivins named Ashely Potter. They met at Tuacahn where I introduced them. So, Saturday my entire family, Parents, Jan & Andy, Steve & Juanelle, Paula & Charles, Me & Joel, JoEllen & Kyle, Andy & Sarah and Brad and Ashley where all in the St. George Temple together. It was AMAZING! The first time ever that all of my Dad's kids and there spouses were together in the temple. My Dad's dream come true. Although, there where MANY times through the years that he thought it wasn't going to happen. Thank goodness for the power of prayer. Right after the wedding everyone went to the reception hall to get ready for the luncheon except for Me and Sophie. Which brings me to #3

3rd: Sophie auditioned for Tuacahn's Summer Outdoor Production of "ANNIE" on Thursday and got a call back for 1pm Saturday. So, we ran out there and they taught all of the little girls a dance to "It's a hard knock life." Sophie was one of the first to perform. I was a terrible wreck! I was outside getting some support from friends that where there auditioning for the adult roles. I just don't understand why you'd put yourself through an audition. I don't want to be in a position where people critique me on purpose. I like to be the one in charge. I like to be the one that can fire someone, not the one who can be fired. I guess that's why I manage the actors instead of act. Actors are brave and I'm just not brave enough. Anyway, I was a real mess because I was worried about Sophie having enough confidence to not come out bawling her eyes out and worried about Shayne not having someone there to cheer her on for her last two events and worried because I didn't want to miss the program of fun of the reception or anyone to get mad because I wasn't helping out. I did shed a few tears while all this was going on in my head, how could you not? You'd have to be a robot to not be a mess right? Anyway, Sophie got done and said that it was really fun. YEAH!!! That's all I wanted to hear. Even if she doesn't get in (we'll find out on sat.) she will have had fun and that's all I care about. So, one down, two to go. We rushed back to the luncheon and everyone was gone. So went went to McDonalds, grabbed some lunch and went home to wait for a call from Shayne.

At 5:30 we ran back to the reception center, took some pictures and people started coming in. It was GORGEOUS! Jan did the incredible cake and Paula and our cousin Melissa did the flowers and centerpieces. Ashley's colors were dark red and cream. It was elegant. Two down, one to go.

We hadn't heard from Shayne until 11pm when we were back home. It was over and she was sad. She had added 1 second to her 500 Free but was ranked 17th going in and took 9th. She really wanted to do well for Brad since she had missed his wedding. But, she didn't feel like she had done as well as she could have. Her 400 Meter Free Relay team had broken the Pine View High School record 2 weeks earlier during Region by 5 seconds! That's a ton! So, they were ranked 4th and ended up taking 4th but they knocked another 4 seconds off of there time. (Side note: I still hold the Lehi High School record in track for the 4 x 100 relay team!) So, they were extremely happy about that but sad because the other 3 girls on Shayne's team are all Seniors and that was there last High School meet ever. I was happy that the day was over!!!!! I had never been so happy to go to church and just sit. I even looked forward to our CTR5 class.

4th: You thought I was done didn't you? I had one day off then back to work. I am headed up to Orem tomorrow for 2 days with Jan for Auditions for High School Musical 2 that we are doing this summer at Tuacahn. No rest for the wicked. At least all of my kids are happy and back to as normal as we get. I'll post some wedding pictures when I get back.

No comments: