Monday, February 18, 2013

DIXIE STATE UNIVERSITY!

Yep that's right! UNIVERSITY!  Governor Gary Herbert signed it in front of my own eyes.  It was awesome.  Saturday the college had a free breakfast from 7-9am, which was amazing, then they had the signing of the bill into a law.  It was awesome!  They held it in the foyer of the Eccles Fine Arts Building so you could see the D on the mountain. I am so glad I was able to take my kids and have them witness this historic occasion.  Even though I didn't grow up here and never attended Dixie, JoEllen, and the all of the Wells kids did and Joel, Brian and John did and I feel like it is a part of me and not necessarily my heritage but everyone around me and my children's.  So I feel a great sense of pride going to anything that has to do with Dixie College and the wonderful historic background that it has.
Ben and his Breakfast.  His favorite food.
You don't want to get in his way when he's eating.
Casey Hobson getting ready to serve up a Ginormous red velvet celebration cake.
All of the students crowding in to see it happen.
Governor Herbert telling us how with the help of our local government leaders they were able to word the bill in such a way that it could be signed today instead of waiting until after the year was over.

THE OFFICIAL SIGNING!
President Stephen D. Nadauld and his wife Margaret.  How lucky we are to have him as the President of DSU!


No comments: