Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rocklobster!

 JoEllen and I went and saw the B52's in concert a couple weeks ago.  It was AWESOME!  I LOVE them.  I had/have about 6 of their albums and I loved them all.  However, I've come to find out at the concert that they have been around waaaayyy longer than I thought and have a ton of songs that I don't know but instantly loved.  Like "WIGS".  It's an instant classic.  They were the most popular in the 80's and very early 90's looking like this on the cover of Rolling Stone.  But below is how they look now.  Pretty well preserved I think.
Fred Schneider,  Keith Strickland, Kate Pierson,Cindy Wilson
 At the concert Keith wasn't there.  They never mentioned why, but they had 2 other guitarist, a keyboard player and drummer.  Maybe he was sick.  We had really good seat. We were right in the middle a little more than half way up.  I think JoEllen had better picture's but I took long enough to get this blogged so I'd better not wait for her pictures or I might not ever do it.  It was super fun.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat.




No comments: