Monday, October 16, 2017

Elder Kaden Lewis

I just have to say that I love this young man.  I just barely met him but his testimony is amazing and the spirit that he exudes is incredible.   This is Elder Kaden Lewis.  Joel has know his parents since high school and was, and is still, good friends with his uncle Lonny Heaton.  We had the privileged to go to his homecoming today and hear his talk.  What an upstanding person he is.  So well spoken and confident.  I teared up once during his talk but really thought that I would have cried more.  Afterwards, Joel and I walked up to say hi to him and he shook Joel's hand and I stuck my hand out and he reached over and gave me the biggest hug ever.  Then I started to cry.  He squeezed the tears right out of me.  The spirit was so strong.  He was so happy to see us there and told us how awesome Sophie was.  He told us how when Sophie got there they automatically knew who to put her with. He said that he really likes her companion and that Sister Bingham is a great missionary.  We talked a for couple minutes more but I could tell that he needed to talk to a million more people.  We told him that we had to go and he said, "Hey, lets take a picture so that you can send it to Sister Beckstrand."  I was so glad because I wanted to do that but thought that he might think I was weird.  We handed the camera to his bishop and he got right between us and put his arm right around me.  I think he felt that I just needed a hug from Florida.  It was so awesome.  What an incredible kid.  I am so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord and for the wonderful missionaries and their families that are now a part of my life because Sophie chose to serve a mission.  I am indeed blessed.
This picture below is of Sophie's very first minutes in Florida.  Kaden picked her up from the airport.  He was the Assistant to the President so he got to drive the van.  You can barely see Sophie behind the other Elder's head.  SOOO GREAT!

No comments: