Friday, December 1, 2017

Aunt Boydine

Our beloved Aunt Boydine Daniels past away.  She had some health problems and with her arthritis she had a hard time recovering.  She was only 80 years old and we will dearly miss her.  Within the last year they had sold their home to Mark and Denise Wade and moved up to be closer to Marty and Liz so they could help take care of her.  The stairs in that house were horrible for her.  She died peacefully, at home, surrounded by loved ones.
 
The funeral was lovely.  The kids talked and the the bishop closed with some great remarks about how happy Aunt Boydine always was.  I know she enjoyed the funeral.  We all did.  We laughed and cried.  Afterwards we went to the cemetery where Marty dedicated the gravesite and some people gave remarks on their favorite memory of Aunt Boydine.  It turns out that she knew all of us before we were all a family.  She was friends with Diana from school which is how she met Larry.  She was Liz's boss before Marty even came into the picture.  I knew her from SUU before I ever even knew who Joel was.  She was a big reason that we all turned out together.  Aunt Boydine was cremated so there wasn't a viewing and the burial spot was small.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that she was right next to Kadin.  It filled my heart with warmth when I saw it.  I knelt down by him and cleaned off his picture and said hi.  Makayla had just put a bouquet of flowers there the day before.  I felt the spirit so strong when I thought about seeing them both again someday and what fun they must be having.  Makayla still has not giving birth to Arlo.  I told her that Kadin isn't done playing with him yet.  It will be a sad day for him and a joyous one for us when he finally lets go and Arlo comes to stay with his mom.



No comments: