Tuesday, January 30, 2018

RUGBY!!!

On Thursday we had our first 3 Rugby 7's games!  The first team we played was our old team, The Force.  It was weird but awesome.  Weird to not be on that team and for the fact that Nick Soli was now on that team.  But, AWESOME to make them loose their first game!  We went undefeated last year and now they lost the first game of the season to US!  Woo Woo!!  Yeah, we were pretty stoked.  In fact, David even scored his first Try in that game!  So, guess what we did when we got home?  YEP. SHOOT THE BOOT!  SHOOT THE BOOT!  He wasn't excited at first but he was glad to join the club.  It was awesome!  We were so proud.  We were also glad that we weren't on the Force this year because they got the UUUGLIEST colored jersey's ever!  They were Baby poop green and mustard yellow.  Last year they were and Awesome Blue and White.  This year we have amazing Black and White jersey's.  And Spencer Wells is our Sponsor!  A big Thank You to Deseret Pain and Spine!  We are so grateful to him for forking over some cash to help us out.  We love him!
My sports wagon filled to the brim - above.  Quinton and Dennis, our favorite little dudes - below.
 OK, so let me explain this next set of picture's.  Ben in rolling in the ball into the scrum.  Then he is going to pick it up and run it all the way down the field and all of my pictures are going to be blurry because it is night time and my camera does not like to take action shots in low light.  But Ben likes it because it make it look like he's running super fast.  I wish I would have just had it on record.  You never can tell what is going to happen.  I wish someone would just record my life and edit it and give me a perfect version of times like this.
 He taps it down right here and then holds onto the ball because he is also the kicker for our team this year.  He's been practicing.  He needs to practice more on his angels but he's great straight on.
 A quick few word from Coach Jake Ryder.
 And the kick is good!!!
 High 5's to the other team after the game and a talk with Nick. 



 A quick few words between games and we start our next game immediately with the  Highlanders.  Which we ALSO WON!!!  Ben scored 2 Try's and kicked 3 successful extra points.  I think the final score was 29-16.
 Ben has gotten 10x faster than he was last year and can juke the socks off of anyone.  It's really crazy.
 This year they put this theme on every jersey and even the ref's and sideline umps have them.  It is really nice.  They talk about the real meaning of rugby.  In fact the head coach, Jay Day sent out this email after the games telling everyone how great they all did... If you have a minute please ask your athlete what "Let's Do Rugby Right" means to them.  We hope that sportsmanship, fair play, integrity, dedication, compassion, and teamwork are all key factors in defining how to experience rugby right.  It's such a great sport.
 Here is one of Ben's Try's in this game.  Again blurry.  Just look for #9.
 I didn't get any picture's of them playing in their last game because I went live on Facebook for it.  But they played the Brumbies and won 22-11.   I think.   Ben scored 2 Try's in that game also.  I forgot how many extra kicks he had.  It got really cold and windy and even snowed for 2 minutes during the game so I was just trying to not freeze to death.  But I did get a picture of the team coming by at the end to give High 5's to everyone, lead by David.  One of my favorite parts!
 I'm so proud of my littlest rugby player.  He did a great job tonight and join a great group of Boot Shooters!



No comments: