Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Getting Ready

When we moved into this house there was a lot I wanted to makeover and taking out this old Super Sappy pine tree was one of them.  It was ugly and dropped pine cones and needles EVERYWHERE!  The grass wouldn't even grown underneath it.  But it took 5 years until my parents took out there 2 pine trees in their backyard for Joel to see that it looked great before he'd let us do it.  So down it came.








Then I decided to refinish the front door and coffee table.  They both turned out beautifully.   This is before, during sanding and after refinished.  I really like it.  Now it looks like real wood.  I also had Sophie and Josh paint the outside doors dark brown.  So the pink door you can see in the pictures with the stump is now a dark chocolate.  It looks great! 
 

No comments: