Monday, December 3, 2018

1st Basketball Games - Here we go again.

I seriously don't know why I do this every year.  David swears he's going to be a basketball player but the BECKSTRAND BEAST comes out in him and he gets so incredibly frustrated with the refs that it's almost humorous, but heaven forbid you laugh because then you are opening up an entire new can of worms that you don't want to mess with.  This kid, no matter how hard I try, does not understand what the term, "It doesn't matter" means.  It is always has to be the best!  Well, what if it isn't?  Well, if it isn't then he throws a huge hissy fit and complains then entire time about how it should have been.  Sound familiar?  It does if you know the Beckstrands.  Why can't it just be?  I will never understand this.  It will forever be a problem especially now that my boys are acting the same way.  It seems like basketball season is like giving birth.  I somehow forget how truly bad it really is and they/Joel tricks me into doing it again.   "It'll be fun!"  Yeah I've heard that before!  I guess I just look at it as them getting out of the house during the winter to get some much needed exercise. But it always bites me in the butt!  Oh well. Like all childbirth, ready or not here it comes. 
Here are Dillan, Ben and Ian keeping score.  It was a good thing that Karrin came in to check on them.
This is a selfie that I took and sent to Shayne because she was at her Swim meet and I was wearing my awesome Dixie High Sweatshirt again!  
This first picture is of David's sweat mark on his shirt.  The second is of his disappointment and frustration when his coach/Joel took him out because his punched the wall because the refs didn't call a foul on the other team when he thought they should have. Yep.  He sat the rest of the game. 
 David's game was at 10am.  Then at 1:00 it was Ben's turn.
Ben is not as bad as David when it comes to complaining.  He is more like Sophie, he does it for the social aspect.  All of his friends signed up to play but none of them got on the same team.  Most of the kids that signed up were 8th graders so they have 2 or 3 9th graders per team.  So here is Jaxson Richey and you can barely see Nalu Aetonu.  He's the one with the hair.  Both Ian and Dillon got on a different team too. But, it made them all pretty even. Next year they can get their own team together.
Fouled and got to shoot 2 free throws which he made both. Ben also needed to play this season as Physical therapy for his wrist that he broke to get more flexibility back in it.   His shot is way off and he is having a hard time trying to find a new way to shoot because his wrist still doesn't bend back the way it should.  But he is stretching it and things will work out. 
 Rebound.
 He and Jaxson again.  
 Here's a really good face shot! 
 More free throws.
 More free throws.  On this one Nalu was trash talking to Ben and he still made them both.  It was pretty funny.  
What wasn't funny was when we came out to our car after the game to find out that our side window had been smashed.  As well as 10 other vehicles in the parking lot in different locations all over. About 5 of them were the same make and model as our van and they broke the same window.  Luckily for us my purse wasn't touched.  Others weren't as lucky.  That night we had the coldest and rainiest night we've had in awhile.  So we became part of the garbage bag and ducktape group until we can get it fixed on Tuesday.  It really isn't that bad.  Our insurance deductible is only $100.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if it never happened but it could have been much worse. 

 To cheer us up...here is a picture of our cat, Sky, in a box.  I mainly put that one on here for Josh. 
 I have a Christmas countdown and I put above it "Days Until We Skype Our Missionaries".  But the problem is that you can't see the writing unless the sun is out and then it's too bright to see the countdown. Hahaha!  I need a spotlight or something. 



No comments: