Monday, December 17, 2018

It's Fall! Finally.

Well, the leaves have finally started to change color and fall.  December is when it happens.  Here are some picture's of the only trees in So. Utah that change. They were planted a couple years ago in the hospital parking lot.  
 We also got some snow in Pine Valley.  So the mountain looks beautiful!
David helped me put up the lights on the house.  He was super excited because this is his first year helping out.  We always told him that he couldn't get on the roof until he was 12.  Well, that worked out nicely!  Ben was up there for 5 minutes and then had to get down.  He didn't like it at all.  He takes after Joel.  He said that he'd rather rake leaves.  So, he actually did.  
 Ben raking leaves.
 I bought new lights this year.  Brad had an extra string left over from the Gingerbread House float and an extra icicle set from the Ice Queen float.  So I got online and bought a couple more colored lights and they look nice. 
Shy, of course, loves being under the tree. 
 And my favorite new ornament is the Christmas tree that Sophie made for us last year from a palm pran.  We didn't get to hang it last year.  So, it's making it's debut now.
I had forgotten that some of my lights were out on my tree because last year we had our flocked tree up.  This tree doesn't like to be left on for hours on end.  But, once I plug a tree in, it stays on!  Same with my house lights.  If I am going to go through all the bother of decorating then  I'm going to see it 24/7!  But now my poor tree only has a couple strands left glowing.  This year we have new decorations!  Starting in January I started buying Temple Ornaments!  1 or 2 a month.  We almost have all of the ones that we've been too.  Almost.  I started out with the Letter P, of course.  And bought both Provo temples, Payson and Phoenix.  But when it came time to put those 4 on the tree I couldn't remember when I had put them!  It's been almost a year since I bought them. I thought that I knew exactly where they were.  But, nope.  So my tree is P-less.
Here are some of them.  If I could find the other 4 then I would have 18 of them.  I really like them.  I will try to see if I can get them all for next year.  They will show up better on the flocked tree!

No comments: