Sunday, July 11, 2010

War airplanes!



My Brother-in-law Pat is a pilot and gives us the heads up whenever there's something cool going on. My boys love going to the airport and yesterday they had 5 old war planes on display. They were AMAZING! I had a cousin who was shot down in the last months of the Vietnam War and since then I have had a special place in my heart for Air Force Pilots. Joel's grandfather was also a pilot and best friends with Charles Lindbergh. They learned to fly together in the Air Force and remained friends their entire lives. Looking at these planes brought all of the stories I've read and heard about to life. The pride that I felt as we looked at these old planes was amazing. We stayed just long enough to watch the biggest one take off. Unbelievable was the only word I could think of to describe what I was feeling. As it turned and flew back by us I got a huge lump in my throat for all those who died for my freedom and for those still serving to keep me free. I am so thankful for my country and for the Freedom we have.

No comments: