Sunday, December 23, 2012

High School Swim Meets AGAIN?

 Well, I was hoping for a break but I didn't get one.  Sophie decided to follow in Shayne's footprints and swim.  She's a freshman and has a totally different outlook on swimming than Shayne does.  Sophie is the cheerleader who doesn't care about herself.  She is there to cheer everyone else on, hurry and swim her event and get out of the water and run over to see who is swimming next.  Shayne was the leader, the serious, in the zone, do as you're told, lead by example, be a friend to everyone but have a tough love kind of swimmer.  She was ALWAYS at the end of a lane cheering on a swimmer but she was more of a screamer, "GO! GO! HARDER! FASTER!" not a "You can do it!" with a wink and a smile kind of cheer like Sophie does.  It's funny to watch.  I'm not quite sure who I prefer to watch.

If you look close you can see Shayne being the timer for Sophie's lane.

This is one of my all time favorite pictures.  This is the 2nd Generation Beckstrand, Sullivan, Ipson trifecta.  Such good kids from amazing families.  They'd better all keep each other in check and help each other out like their older brothers and sister.
Sophie and Leighton doing more cheering.

 

I think the thing I love most about this sport is that every single kid supports the other.  We have Hurricane, Desert Hills and Pine View High School kids all on this team and they cheer everyone on.  They don't fight and they set good examples for each other. These are my kind of kids.

No comments: