Sunday, August 25, 2013

Zack's Endowments



Today at 4pm we went to the Temple to be with the Paddocks while Zack received his endowments.  We have know Zack forEVER.  Seriously, for about 8 years I think.  We have watched him grow 2 feet and gain 100 pounds which tells you how small he was before when he barely weighs 150 now.  Zack is another son to us.  He has always been there whenever we needed him to do anything.  He takes Sophie and Josh to the Temple every Friday morning at 6am to do baptisms and is an excellent example of what a missionary is.  He is also stubborn as the day is long which is why we get along so well. 

I have loved having Shayne on a mission.  It has been so exciting.  We never cried when she got her call.  We never even cried at the MTC.  We celebrated every second.  I have missed having a driver around but not missed her because I have been so excited for what a huge opportunity she is having.  But it wasn't until I was sitting in the Temple and looked over and saw Mason on one side of Zack and Joel and the other that I missed Shayne so much that my heart ached.  I wished so badly that she could see what I was seeing.  I wanted her there to share in that same sweet spirit that I was feeling that told me that what we are doing is the only thing that will get us back to see our Father in Heaven and that his love is so incredibly strong for us.  I can't imagine the love I feel for Zack and the Paddock Family and for my own family and then multiplying it by an unknown amount.  How could you even handle it.  I cried just thinking about the little bit I have now.  I would be an emotional disaster if I were a God. 

When we got into the Celestial Room I gave Zack a big hug and told him I loved him and that I wished Shayne were here and in perfect Zack form he said, "She's kinda busy right now."  True. Very true.  And I'm so glad she is.  Shayne has been nothing but the perfect example to all of us.  I have been eternal blessed to have her in my life. 

After the temple and our "photo session" we went to Zack's favorite restaurant.  Golden Corral. On our way in I asked Mason if he needed me to get him an Nebraska sticker for the back window of his truck and a Omaha Clock so he could keep track of the time change.  He said no thanks.  He thinks he can handle it. It was awesome.  We sat around and talked and laughed and had so much fun.  I think the waiter came up and asked us if we needed anything else about 4 or 5 times trying to get us to leave.  I'm just glad that he doesn't leave until October.  We'll have a little more time with him before then. 

So check these three studs out.  They were checking themselves out.  "Nice Suit."

With these three on missions the world won't know what hit them. 

 Mason, Ellen, Megan and Zack.




 I put this picture in just because Zack's cousin's wife was bugging me the entire night and I was being very unchristian about the whole thing and I shouldn't have let it bug me but when I took this picture I knew it had to go on the blog.  I'll probably take it off later after I repent but for now... I bet you can't guess which one she is. 

No comments: