Sunday, May 4, 2014

Gravity? Nope Ben.

Ben has a hard time with the concept of not throwing balls in the house.  I guess all boys do.  Josh broke David's school picture with a Frisbee. 

My clock has been knocked off the wall numerous times.  On Joel's birthday Ben gave him a bucket of baseballs and a dozen whiffle balls and when we were getting ready for school he came down stairs and told me that he broke my favorite picture because he HIT a ball in the house.






 
Yep.  I didn't yell.  I was pretty proud of myself.  I remember a time when dad didn't yell at me.  This one time he just quietly told me that he was disappointed in me and I was crushed inside.  So I did that to Ben to see if it'd work.  Nope it didn't because the next day this happened.  He called me at work and told me that it was an accident.  I said. "of course it was an accident" but then later learned that he was playing handball against the house right between the front window and his bedroom windows where I had told him a MILLION times before NOT to do.  This kid is going to kill me.

 The guy at Jones Paine and Glass, on Monday when I took the 2 picture frames in, said, "don't you hate gravity"?  I said, "Nope, my 10 year old.  He likes to play ball inside."  
When I went back the next day to pick those up and drop off the window he said, "You made him play out side didn't you?"  Yes, yes I did.  Needless to say he was very nice and gave me a discount and told me he'd have it ready be the end of the day so I didn't have to sleep another night with a huge big hole in the front of my house.  







No comments: