Thursday, May 15, 2014

Gun Class

May 1st Dr. LaRowe closed the clinic and took us all out to the shooting range.  We had the best time!  It was Kalo's first time ever holding a gun and using a port-a-potty.  It was hilarious.  I have to say that before we went I was a little nervous that someone was going to get shot.  But, Dr. LaRowe and Amy were both going to be there so if you were to get hurt this would be the best time to do it.  Megin and I traded off guns.  I was using Deb LaRowe's 22 caliber pisstol and Meg was using Dr. LaRowes 9mm handgun.  Now don't get me wrong, I love to shoot and have shot my share of clay pidgeons in my life but never before have I shot a handgun.  But, by the end of the day I was ready to take the 22 home with me.  It was a beautiful machine. 


When we first got there they made sure we had out ear and eye protection and then we laid out guns out to see what everyone had.  Sue came up with a backpack that had 3 different guns in it.  It was hiliarious.  And she wore this shirt to make her feel more confident and less scared.  She was super nervous.  The guns belonged to her son and she's been wanting to do this for awhile now and get her concealed weapons permit because she is 71 and lives alone.


 
These were our instructors.  Aaron and Brett.  Later Rowdy (Owner of Rowdy's Range and a UHP Officer) came out to help us and see how well we were doing.    He mainly stayed over by me and Megin.  It was great having him there to give us tips.  I wish I would have gotten a picture of him.  Kalo on the other hand wanted me to take a picture of her every 5 minutes. 
                 
Megin and Dr. LaRowe go shooting a lot.  So naturally they both did a great job.   I am left eye dominate and because of my wacky gene's I do a lot of stuff left handed even though I'm not.  However it paid off  because I am right handed and left eye dominate I have a better aim because the 2 things counter balance each other.  I did a great job.  I dare say that I was the best one there.  Rowdy told me that I was in the wrong kind of work.  I have to admit that there is something very calming to shooting a handgun.  I was able to relieve a lot of tension that day that had been building up over that last month.

Here are more picture's a Kalo.  
 This first one is of Kalo pointing out the name of the Port-a-potty that she had just used.  YUCCA.  The second one is of her being shown by Brett how to shoot "Gansta" style.  It was super funny.

This was as close as I got to a group picture.  Dr. LaRowe had to leave early to go take care of his patients at the care center and for some reason we just didn't think about it until it was too late.
One things for sure...you don't want to mess with the River View Medical Staff.

No comments: