Saturday, July 1, 2017

Missionary Yard Sale

We had a great Missionary Yard Sale.  We had neighbors bring food, clothing and other stuff over to our house to sell to help raise money to help get Sophie out on her mission.  Some things were kinda crazy, some things were special and close to Sophie's own heart that she made herself.  But each sold and were sacrificed for a greater good.
 All except this green couch bed.  I blame the fact that we couldn't get Ben off of it.
 He literally slept on it all day.  See what I did there with the sign.  "With sleeper"  We ended up keeping it and putting it in the room that David slept in and moving David into Sophie's room.
 Our one little miracle was that there was a lady that had a bunch of stuff that she bought and as she left she saw a sign that I had made that said, "We interrupt this house for Baseball Season".  It literally cost me $2.  She told me that she just spent her last dime and wondered if she could trade a dress for Sophie for the sign.  I told her that she could just have the sign for free and she wouldn't have it.  She asked Sophie what her favorite color was and left with the sign.  I figured we would never see her again.  10 minutes later she showed up with this dress.  It is a LuLaRoe dress that costs $49!  And it still had the tag on it.  Apparently she has a thing for buying dresses and never wears them so she brought this one for Sophie.  Sophie loves it!  It even has pockets!  It was a fun and interesting yard sale.  I'm glad I only do them when I have a missionary going out. 

No comments: