Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Veteran's Day

Washington celebrated Veterans Day on the 10th this year because if was a Friday and the school's would still be in session.  This is important because the 5th graders in each elementary school get to march in the parade and also all of the marching bands.  George's band competition was right before this, but I couldn't stay for the p-raid because I had to get to work and since I didn't have any kids in it, for the first time in 10 years, I didn't feel like I was going to miss much.  So, Shayne took these picture's for me.  Turns out I did miss out on some great Veterans and an amazing spirit that was felt by everyone there.
 The JR. ROTC from each high school started off the parade.
 
  Snow Canyon Middle School
 Dixie High School

 We even had our own Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade balloon!  We are getting fancy now.
 Snow Canyon High School
 Desert Hills High School with Mr. Winslow as their director.  We love him.
  Desert Hills Middle School
 Pine View Middle School
 Shayne said that these last three men had their own entries.  They all are WWII vets.
We are so proud of all of the people who did or are now serving our country to keep us free.  Bless you all!

No comments: