Sunday, July 15, 2018

Changing Rooms

This only happens when someone goes on a mission.  So, Ben, who moved into Shayne's room when Sophie left, has not slept one night in that room.  For some reason he does not like being in the basement.  So, after we dropped Josh off at the MTC we left Ben up in Lehi for a week to spend time with the Rogel's and while he was there we changed Josh's room into his.  He had ZERO say in what was going to happen.  They never really do anyway.  But I was pretty sure that he was going to like what I had in mind.  I printed out some Pine View High School Logo's and made them into over head transparencies.  Then the search was on to find an old school over head projector.  We figured that Josh Scott could get us one from Dixie High but he couldn't find it.  Then Joel brought one home from the church but it was ancient and didn't work at all.  So, we brainstormed and I asked him if his keys to the stake center worked for any church and lucky for me they did.  One of the other church's had a newer version than our church had and it actually worked!  So, over 2 days I slapped this Panther head up on the wall so it would be done by the time he got home on Saturday.  Lucky for us our ward was going up to Bountiful for Youth Conference and they stopped by Lehi and picked Ben up and took him with them Thursday and brought him back Saturday around 2pm.  So, starting on Tuesday night, we taped the lines out and on Friday night I was completely done with everything.  Saturday morning we got up early and went to Vegas to help John move so we weren't even home to see Ben's reaction.  But I got a great selfie from him saying thanks and that was all I needed.

When I started to take Josh's race bib's down I thought that I'd better take a picture of his room really fast.  At that point I had already taken down 14 bids.  So in this picture there is a start and end.  There wasn't before.  It just went the entire way around with his Triathlon bike bibs in the corner.  He also had his Who Is Your Hero Posters on the main wall.  He had Joshua, Samuel, and my favorite, Father Lehi.  I love those posters.  Ben had a Captain Moroni one that we need to bring up from his old room and hang up.  Anyway, It took me a good couple of hours to take all of these down.  Each one had at least 3 staples in it.  Staples were the perfect thing to use.  You couldn't even see the holes.  After I had them all down, I counted them.  173 BIBS!  Not including the bike bibs. Josh also had all of his medals his up and his plaques and ribbons from swimming.  It was quite the Ironman room.  But Ben definitely needed a change.  He like to do an occasional triathlon but he is different type of athlete. 
So these are the picture's I had to choose from.  And I picked out a bunch of different blacks with different sheen's and gray's and a silver.  We settled on just doing the head.
Then while we were figuring out how to get a projector we painted the stripes.  Shayne and Konnor came over to help put up the tape.  Konnor was a big help because he didn't need to step stool!  Then the next day I went to town painting. After it dried, we found a projector that worked, and we got the cat off it, I was able to trace the head and start the Panther!  Joel helped me a little bit with the Silver.  It was fun.  I think it turned out pretty good.  I finished it around 2am and was a little goofy so I took some fun selfies with it when it was all done.
















 So, now instead of bib numbers everywhere around the top, the top is clear and the room is now a Panther Den.  With a clean white stripe in the middle. followed by a matching gray stripe and then a cool, rough edged, maroon stripe above and below.
 It definitely gives it a clean look.  Ben also got his very own Pine View Blanket!  Brand New out of the bag!  I had been saving 2 of them for the last 5 years.  One for Ben for when he was finally a Freshman and one for David when he reaches that stage in life.  It was amazing to see a new one.  So bright and colorful and SUPER soft!  He was pretty psyched about it.  He said it was SICK.  So, you know...one point for mom.

No comments: