Monday, July 9, 2018

MTC Drop Off

I have never had any problems with being sad or concerned with sending Shayne or Sophie on a mission.  Mission's are exciting and fun.  But, for some reason I was having some bad anxiety because I knew Josh was having anxiety.  I did not want this MTC experience to be full of tears and sorrow when the last two had been so positive and wonderful but I could not see how it could be anything but mournful. That night Josh gave me a blessing of peace and comfort.  His first blessing.  It was short and sweet and to the point and just exactly what he and I needed.   Then next morning we got up, got ready and went to the Provo Temple to meet Shayne and Konnor and to take some picture's before heading over to the MTC.  The spirit was light and peaceful.  Everyone was happy and excited including Josh.  Which, in turn, made me the same way.  There were not very many people there.  There was a stark difference between Sophie's day and this day.  The day we took Sophie in they had a record 739 missionaries coming in and a news crew there to document it.  The church was opening up tours for the new part of the MTC and the place was buzzing.  But on July 5th the MTC received a humble 211 missionaries.  We knew of 5 of them that were going to be in Josh's mission and 1 that was Sophie's companions little brother that was going to California.  Sister Dee's little brother, Dylan Frame.  We told Josh to go find him and take a picture of them together so they could send it to their sister's in Florida. 
That morning of Nick came over to say goodbye to Josh so we have a picture of him and of Grandma and Grandpa.
The temple was actually closed for 2 weeks for cleaning and landscape maintenance but the gate was open so we went in and took picture's anyway.   
 I'm going to go serve the Lord for 2 years but first....Let me take a selfie.
 The across the street we drove to get our blue Post-It and drive to the underground parking garage to drop Josh off. 
 This is Elder Ivins from Blanding!  He was Josh's Host.  I put his picture and all the rest of the missionaries picture's on Facebook so their mom's could see them.  

No comments: