Sunday, September 25, 2011

Relief Society Broadcast

Yesterday was the General Relief Society Broadcast. It was amazing. If you want to read Pres. Uchtdorf's incredible talk click here.


We are truly blessed to have him in our church as a leader of God to help us know what we need to do to return to Him. His talk reminded me of a quote from Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley that I keep in my scriptures.

"I feel to invite women everywhere to rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you reach beyond your capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with thoughts of failure. I hope that you will not try to set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass."

I have had that in my scriptures for many years. It has brought me great comfort to know that I do not need to live up to what others think and expect. I only need to do what I can the best way I can. I hope to be able to instill that in my girls. Life is stressful enough. We need to remember that we are daughters of a King.

Pres. Uchtdorf's talk is much like this saying. It helps us keep an eternal perspective and not over do our daily life. Using the forget-me-not flower as a metaphor for his remarks, President Uchtdorf noted that although the flower is small in size, and easily unnoticed among larger flowers, it is still beautiful and vibrant. Feel free to read it in it's entirety regardless of your gender. Just because he said it in Relief Society it is still intended for all.

No comments: