Sunday, February 4, 2018

RUGBY!!! GO SHARKS!

We lost one game and needless to say, Ben was upset.  We lost to the Kings 15-13.  It was Sikeli Naivalu's team.  We love the Naivalu family and last year Sikeli was on the All-Star team with Ben and we took him up to SLC with us for the State playoffs.  He didn't start like Ben did btu he got a little playing time in.   But now he has grown, put on some muscle since last year and now is a force to be reckoned with.  He ran, literally, all over Ben.  Our record is now 6 wins and 1 loss.  Here are some picture's from the games.  David scored in one game and Ben scored at least once per game and kicked at least twice in each game.  I know already that we need to plan on the All-star season and traveling up to SLC a couple times.  It's too bad that David isn't old enough to be on the All-stars.  It's only for 7th & 8th grades.  BUT.. Ashley, Brad, Henry and Ruby all came to watch the boys play!  It was AWESOME!  Henry kept saying."I could watch this forever!"  It was great!


 Ben down with the ball.  David going in to Support.
 Getting ready, staying warm.
 Kicking the ball out of the way.  Then Ben chased it down, picked it up, scored and made the extra 2 point kick. 

 So I had to screenshot these from my live feed.  So sorry about the words.  My sweet friend Andrea Mandin from Australia just loved talking to Henry.  The, "Gday baby girl" that she wrote on there was to Ruby. 
 Josh rode his bike out to the game because he is training for the Ironman and this is the picture of Brad's face as I am trying to explain why there are only 7 people on the field. 
 Our last game against Nick's team, our old team, The Force.


 Nick.

 Ben was tired.  I didn't get picture's of his other two games because I put them on Facebook live.  I can only do one or the other when I'm by myself.  Hopefully I will have help next time. 
 During the 2nd game David hit heads with one of his own teammates as he was going down to support the ball.  it left him with a GINORMOUS goose egg.  The didn't have a headache or anything like that.  He only said that it hurt to touch it.  So we made him ice it.
 Then Ben showed us his wounds from Sikeli.
 This is what it looks like today, 3 days later.  Looks nice and green!
We are extremely excited about Utah's PROFESSIONAL RUGBY TEAM starting up in April! I wish we lived closer to Herriman so we could buy season passes.  We are going up for Mother's Day because there is a game that weekend and that way we can also Skype with Sophie at my parents house again.  Win, Win situation.
 It's going to be amazing!  CBS has also signed into a multi year contract to show their games on TV which will help the sport in Utah immensely.  We are giddy with excitement.  They have recruited some top notch players and I think we will have an incredible team.  Maybe Ben's future is there instead of the NFL.  I hope so.

No comments: