Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Headstone!

Let me start by saying that I think that this is a genius idea!

My parents got there headstone put in the cemetery yesterday.



Awhile ago they went to the monument place and got it all ordered up. They were like kids in a candy store. We always kidded that we would put sayings on there headstone that said, He parked by the door and She could have made it for 2 dollars. My dad will drive around a parking lot until there is an opening near the door and many many times people would pull out right as we pull up. It happens so often that it's freaky. And my Mom will see something in the store and look at the price tag and say, "I could make the damn thing for $2!" And many times she does.

So that's what they put on the headstone except for the swearing part. The lady helping them said that they try not to do that. Ha ha ha! Then there is a picture of a sewing machine above my mom's name and a man standing in a garden over my dad's. My Mom can sew up a storm and has done humanitarian projects every Wednesday for the last 20 years. My Dad has had a huge garden from the time they built the house they live in. 30+ years. It used to be HUGE! But, now it's half the size because he doesn't have as many mouths to feed and he had to have a basketball court, swing set and tree house for the grandkids. He is an amazing gardener.

This headstone/bench is gorgeous and so much fun. Paula is disgusted with the whole thing and does not want her name in the cemetery but I love it! I guess I'm like my parents. Maybe Joel and I will start looking.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I think it's awesome too! The bench is gorgeous!!

R Clan said...

That is too funny.