Monday, February 24, 2014

President's Day Part #3 ICE SKATING!

The Glacier!!!
 This time we brought the Wells' with us.  The more the merrier!  I think we should do this every weekend.

Last time some of my kids didn't prepare good enough with their socks and ended up with blisters.  So this time they over prepared.

This was the first time in at least 5 years that Joel had put on skates.  I own my own.  I remember it was the winter that Brad and Ashley were engaged and we were up for New Years.  I am still at this very moment so in awe of his selflessness to do this for me.  He is an incredibly giving person and last time we went up to The Glacier he was happy taking pictures from the sidelines.  This time I got a real treat.  We held hands and skated around about 4 times together.  It was awesome!

Maybe Kyle will don a pair next time.  He did have fun helping Matty out.


And Matty had fun helping Uncle Joel out.

 I wish these were clearer.  Man the look on Evans face just about made me pee.  He must have fallen about 100 times.  But he was bound and determined not to have help...unless it was to stand up.

 David fell down even with the stupid walker that he thought would help him.  It didn't.

It did help Matty a little.  But then again, so did JoEllen.

George and Josh practiced going backwards 90% of the time.  The other 10% was playing tag.

 JoEllen started us all off being fancy.  Some of our kids just didn't get it.  Just look at Ben.  Although I must say that that was pretty good for him.  One foot is hard to do.

 There was a lot of spinning going on too.  George caught on quick.  Emily not so much.

It was a great day.  Memories made with cousins always are.

No comments: