Monday, April 23, 2018

Early Mother's Day/ Birthday Present

I decided to finally go buy me some rose bushes.  I had hoped that Joel would buy me some over the years but it never happened.  Women get these crazy ideas in there heads from watching to many chick flicks when really if they want something done they just need to go get it done themselves. So while the boys were off at a Saturday Rugby Funday, I went to Star Nursery and picked them out.  I wanted yellow and yellow/red mixed roses but they didn't have those so I got Pine View Roses.  White and Maroon!  It hadn't hit me until I was looking at them that Joel had taken the van and left me with Josh's car and I needed to get 4 rose bushes and 4 bags of dirt home.  So, I carefully loaded the ladies into the car and seat belted them in.  There was no way that they would have stayed safe otherwise.  Then I packed 3 of the bags in the front seat and one in the back.  And we were off!
 In Southern Utah you have to buy dirt because NOTHING, but weeds, grows in this awful red dirt.  So, naturally, they charge you an arm and a leg for it.  These 4 bags almost cost as much as the roses.  I had the lower 3/4 of my weeds out and all of my dandelions trimmed when Josh got home from work.  So, I made him shovel out some weeds and dig the first hole closest to the hose before he went in to shower and go back to work.  Notice that there are still some weeds up on that end.  I had the last rose bush planted and then Joel and the other two boys finally came home.  I had them dig my last two holes for me and spread out the remaining dirt to cover up all the red crap.  Looks nice huh?
We did this right before Chase and Steph's wedding and then when we got home David went out and planted everyone's seed card's and put their name card by it to mark the spot.  It is super cute!

 I can hardly wait to see what grows!

No comments: