Sunday, March 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

My parents decided to come dance in the New Year with us.  It was great!  I always loved seeing my parents dance.  We used to turn on the radio or my dad would play so quick old music and we'd dance all over the house.  They taught us how to Cha-Cha, Waltz, 2 step and basically everything we know about dancing.  The only problem with the night was the guy who was singing wasn't the usual band.  Usually the Mangum's Band preforms and they sing 3 or 4 songs in a row before we stop but this guy stopped after each song to talk about what song he was going to sing next and why.  So we just stood there or went and sat down.  My dad took his shoes off and danced in his socks.  It was awesome!




Kyle and Emily danced a couple songs.  It was fun to watch them.  It reminded me of when I was her age dancing with my dad.  This is the first year we let any of the kids come.  Ira and Jen's daughter and Emily are friends and since she had to help out with the dance we let Emily come hang out with her.


 We played some Bingo between songs and then had the big countdown at 9pm.  Then the balloon drop happened and we made a bunch of noise and Emily and JoEllen threw confetti on everyone.







Ira had a picture station set up so you could get your picture taken and they had a couple props like this...can you guess what it is?  JoEllen didn't know what it was either but as soon as I pulled in down 5 inches it became a mustache and beard.  DUH!  She's goofy.







After we went back to JoEllen's to watch the kids play Just Dance on the Wii.  They all are great little dancers.  We all love to dance on New Year's Eve.  It's the one time of the year that I get to dance with Joel and I treasure it every year.  


Then after a couple hours of games and dancing we ring in the New Year with Poppers from the upstairs and a big mess to clean up.   Then home to sleep.  It was a lot of fun.  I'm glad my parents could come down for the weekend to celebrate with us.

No comments: